This guide will show you how to install the latest version of SPSS onto your own Windows computer.
For the guide to show how to activate the app, jump to the Licencing section.
For system compatibility information and system requirements, please see this site.
To download the setup file and install the software on your computer, please follow the steps below.
2. On the Institution Page scroll down to the Useful Links section and then find Software Downloads
3. SPSS will show in the list of software - click the SPSS link;
4. Scroll down and select [Download now] next to SPSS27 for Windows 64bit (exe) and save the file to a suitable location on your PC;
5. Once downloaded, use File Explorer to find the SPSS file you have downloaded (probably in your Downloads) , then right-click on it and select Run as Administrator;
6. Click Yes to allow the program to make changes to your device;
7. Select Next on the initial setup screen;
8. The application will prepare to install;
9. Click if you accept the licence agreement and click Next;
10. Save the setup file to a folder of your choice (leave as default if you are unsure) and click Next;
11. Click Install to begin the installation;
12. The program will install;
13. Setup will display a confirmation that the program has installed successfully. Ensure the Start SPSS Statistics 27 Licence Authorization Wizard now is checked and click Finish.
The licencing wizard will now start.
14. Ensure the Authorized user licence is selected;
15. The licence code can be found on the site where the setup file was downloaded from (see step 1 to 3 above). Enter the code into the box and click Add. The code will move into the larger box below, click Next;
16. The software will then authorise, click Next;
17. The software licence has now been activated, click Finish to complete the process.
You have now installed SPSS v27 and licensed it. You can now use the program.