Uninstall any previous version of SPSS from your computer (this will not delete any SPSS files you have created from your PC) before installing a new version of SPSS.
NOTE: If you are installing SPSS onto a Mac with Catalina for the first time, please follow this guide. If you are updating from version 25 on a Mac, follow the steps below.
1. Log into UDO and select the Course Resources button;
2. Select the Software Downloads button;
3. SPSS will show in the list of software under the 'Software Downloads' section, click the SPSS link;
4. Select the SPSS26 for Mac option;
5. Once you have downloaded the SPSS installation media, double click on the SPSS_Statistics_26_mac.dmg file. This will open a box with an embedded icon;
6. Select the SPSS_Statistics_Installer icon;
7. Enter the password you use to log into your Mac if requested;
6. You will be be guided through several stages of installation. Click Ok;
7. Click Next;
8. Read Terms and Conditions and Accept if you agree, if you do not, the installer will be terminated. Please note that there are several Terms and Conditions to Read and Review;
9. The wizard will ask if Python needs installing, select Yes and click Next;
10. Read Terms and Conditions for Python and accept if you agree, if you do not, the installer will be terminated. Please note that there are several Terms and Conditions to Read and Review;
11. Choose where to install the software to, if you are unsure, leave the settings as default and click Next;
12. Click Install;
13. The program will install;
14. Important: If you are installing SPSS onto a Mac with the latest version of Catalina, please DO NOT validate until you have installed the patch. See this guide.
15. If you have an earlier version of Mac OS X, ensure the checkbox is ticket and continue with activation by clicking Next;
16. Click Next;
17. Ensure the Authorised user Licence option is selected and click Next;
18. The software will activate;
19. Select Finish,
20. the application can be started from the IBM program section
To configure multi-user devices, such as a class set of iPads, please contact IT Services.
14. Enter the product code found on UDo - in SPPS Download Section. Hit Next to initiate license verification. !!Ensure that you are connected to an active network before proceeding!!
15. Application will now attempt to connect and verify the product key provided. Should correct key be used, the program will activate an allow full feature access to the software. You should see a completion dialogue shortly after activation. Click next to continue.
16. A final window will display all of the program features that were activated as a part of the supplied product key. You have now successfully installed and activate IBM SPSS on macOS.