To register your account in the new password system, please follow the steps below.
1. Applicants, students and staff: Register your details and setup your account in the the SSPR system here.
You will see the following log in screen.
2. Applicants & students: enter your student number followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk
Buxton and Leek students: this will be 3 letters followed by 8 numbers followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk for example AAA00000000@unimail.derby.ac.uk.
University of Derby students: this will be 9 numbers beginning with 100 or 019 followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk for example firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as shown on the page below.
Staff: enter your username (usually your staff number) followed by @derby.ac.uk
3. Enter your usual login password, then click Sign in;
4. You will then navigate to this page, here you will need to type in your username without the @derby.ac.uk (staff) or @unimail.derby.ac.uk (student/applicant) as shown below:
5. You will then be taken to a page where you will need to register a phone number or email address that you have access to while away from the University campus.
You have 15 minutes to complete registration before being logged out.
The first option is Authentication Phone.
Click Set it up now which will take you to the following screen;
Set country or region, to +44 United Kingdom;
Ideally you would need to enter your mobile phone number, but you can enter your work (or home if you are a student) land-line number if you wish. Type your phone number (including the 0) and verify either via SMS Text Message if mobile or Phone Call if land-line;
If you select Text Me you will receive a verification code that you will need to enter the portal, then select verify;
If you select Call Me you will receive a phone call and need to enter the number that's read out to you into the text box to complete the verification.
Once verification for Authentication Phone is complete you will see the green tick;
The second option is to setup Authentication via Email Address.
Click Set it up now next to Authentication via Email Address is not configured, which will take you to the following page;
Enter an email address into the text box, this would typically be your personal email address that you can access from a Smart Phone or Webmail (not your work / unimail address).
Click email me, you will receive a verification code to the account where your email address is associated;
You then need to type verification code from the email in to the text box and select verify to complete verification;
Once verification for Authentication Email Address is complete you will see the green tick;
Select Finish to complete SSPR registration;
You will then be redirected back to Office 365 App you were originally accessing.