This guide shows how to use the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) system if you need to change your password or if you have forgotten your password.
Note: If you need to setup or you are new to the SSPR system, please follow this guide first.
Important: When visiting an official Microsoft website (such as the password change site), a padlock icon will appear in the top left of your internet browser. Please ensure you see the padlock icon (or the word 'secure' (depending on your browser)) before entering your credentials.
1. When you need to reset your password or unlock your account please go to https://passwordreset.derby.ac.uk
2. Students: enter your student number followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk, so for example if your student number is 12345678, you would enter firstname.lastname@example.org, and complete the Captcha;
Staff: Enter your username with @derby.ac.uk ( or @blc.ac.uk if your account is @blc), for example email@example.com, and complete the Captcha;
3. You will be presented with the option to recover your account by resetting password or unlocking account if you know your password but have had too many failed attempts;
If you need to change your password, select the I've forgotten my password option;
4. You will need to verify your identity before being allowed to change your password or unlock account;
You will have the option of Email verification, Text mobile phone or call number depending on what you selected during registration.
5. Email and Text Message will request that you to type the verification code in to the portal;
6. Once verification is complete you can choose a new password;
The new password must contain at least 8 characters including an uppercase character, a lowercase character and a number. It can include non alphanumeric characters. It can’t be a password you have used in the last 20 passwords.
7. After entering the new password twice, you will receive this prompt to confirm the password has successfully been changed;
8. You will receive an email to confirm that your password has been reset;
9. Please log out and back in to ensure that your PC is using the new password.
To change the telephone number and email address you have setup to verify your identity, please follow this guide.