Jabber settings will need to be re-set after the telephone system migration over the weekend or the 7th and 8th October. To do this, follow the steps below.
Note, resetting Jabber will clear your contacts list and you will need to add them again once the application has re-set. Cisco have not made it possible to export your contacts list via the app.
1. First, click the 'cog' icon, then select File > Sign out;
2. Once signed out, click the 'cog' icon again, then select File > Reset Jabber;
3. Click Reset to confirm the action;
4. Once the app has reset, click Advanced Settings;
5. In the Advanced Settings window, select the following options
- Cisco IM & Presence
- Use the following server
Enter cups-prd-pb01.university.ds.derby.ac.uk into the Server address text box;
6. Click Save;
7. Sign back into Jabber by entering your username followed by @derby.ac.uk and your login password.
If a certificate warning shows, click continue.
Ensure you are signed into your phone for Jabber to connect.
You can now add your contacts and start to use Jabber.