Use these instructions to set up a current Windows Mobile university-owned device. By enrolling the device in mobile management you can benefit from the advantages management brings and be confident that IT Services can support and assist you in your use of the device on and off site.
- The device being enrolled has been used by you already and just needs adding to management
- The mobile device already has access to the internet either via wireless or mobile data connections. If you do not have internet access already please connect to a data source or contact the IT Service Centre for assistance.
This guide covers the following steps that will get your device enrolled in our management system:
Check for Operating System Updates
Downloading and Installing Operating System updates can take quite a while. It is recommended you only proceed with this step if your phone is fully charged / connected to power and has a wireless internet connection rather than using 4G.
- From the Home screen tap Settings
- Tap Update & Security
- Tap Windows Update
- Tap Check for Updates
- If any updates are found, install these
Check for Application Updates
Downloading and Installing App updates can take quite a while. It is recommended you only proceed with this step if your phone has a wireless internet connection rather than using 4G.
- From the Home screen tap Store
- Tap the menu button on the top left
- Tap Downloads and Updates
- Tap Check for Updates or Get Updates
Enroll into Management
- From the home screen, tap Settings
- Tap Accounts
- Tap Access work or school
- If your phone has previously connected to our management system you'll see it listed here.
Before continuing, tap the previous connection and choose Disconnect
- Tap Connect
- Enter your university username and tap Next
Note: your username should be followed by either @derby.ac.uk. For example:
- Enter your password and tap Sign In
- If you're prompted to protect your account complete this by entering the verification code sent to your preferred phone number or email address
- From the home screen, tap Outlook
- Expand the warning message and tap Fix account
- Your email will now be available