Use these instructions to register a Windows Mobile personally-owned device. By registering your device in mobile management you will be able to access your university email on it and be confident that you're helping meet our data protection obligations.
- The mobile device already has access to the internet either via wireless or mobile data connections. If you do not have internet access already please connect to a data source or contact the IT Service Centre for assistance.
- Your device is fully up-to-date with the latest versions of Windows 10 and Windows Store apps.
This guide covers the following steps that will get your device registered for access to university email:
Add your Work Account
- From the home screen, tap Settings
- Tap Accounts
- Tap Access work or school
- If your phone has previously connected to our management system you'll see it listed here.
Before continuing, tap the previous connection and choose Disconnect
- Tap Connect
- Enter your university email address and tap Next
- Enter your password and tap Sign In
- If you're prompted to protect your account complete this by entering the verification code sent to your preferred phone number or email address
- From the home screen, tap Outlook
- Expand the warning message and tap Fix account
- Your email will now be available