You can find guidance about the Blackwell’s Card 2023/24 and this year’s eligibility criteria on the UDo ‘Money’ tile.
Blackwell's Card Eligibility Criteria 2023/24
To be eligible to receive the £100 Blackwell's e-card this Academic Year (2023/24) you must match all of the following criteria:
- New or Returning Student
- Confirmed Enrolment 2023/24
- Undergraduate (UG)
- Studying Full-Time or Sandwich
- Studying at Campus: Derby, Buxton, Chesterfield or Leek
- Residency: Home, Islands, EU or International
- Returning Students - You must have progressed to the next stage of your programme from 2022/23.
The following New or Returning students are not eligible to receive the £100 Blackwell's e-card this Academic Year (2023/24):
- Postgraduate (PGT)
- Postgraduate Research (PGR)
- Nursing/Health Contract
- Studying Part-Time, Online or Distance Learning
- Studying at Partner Institutions (UK & International)
- Returning Students - If you have previously received an e-card and have not progressed this Academic Year (For example: You received an e-card in 2022/23 and are on the same stage of the same programme in 2023/24).
If you cannot see a voucher and believe you should have one, please sign out and back into your UDo portal. If the tile does not appear, contact the StudentHub@Derby who will be able to check and advise if you are eligible or not.
How long is the Blackwell’s e-card valid for?
The Blackwell's e-card will have a 1-year expiry date from the date of issue, which can be viewed on the Blackwell's Card tile in UDo.
The Blackwell's Card tile will remain in UDo until the e-card expires, even if you have spent the funds available. Any funds not spent when the e-card expires will no longer be available.
How can I check my balance?
You can check your remaining balance with the local Blackwell’s bookshop.
The University does not have access to balance information.
What happens if I haven't spent the full £100 from last year?
If you have not spent the full e-card from 2022/23 and it has now expired, any remaining funds will no longer be available.
The University is not able to reinstate expired or missed e-cards.
Do I get this in addition to my Bursary?
No. The Blackwell's Card is part of the full University Bursary. Therefore, you will only receive one Blackwell's e-card in the academic year.
Please email email@example.com with any queries about the Bursary.
Why am I seeing £0 balance on the Blackwell’s website but I haven't spent my e-card?
If you experience this, please re-enter the Card ID and PIN from the e-card manually, with no spaces. Spaces can sometimes be added if you have copied and pasted these numbers.