- Completed Information Security Training (available here)
- Signed (Bring Your Own Device) BYOD Agreement and submitted it to IT Service Centre Desk (available here)
- Windows 8/8.1 device with Internet Connection
- Valid Staff/University Account
1. Start by launching Windows Mail App, Navigate Start Screen or type in "Mail" while at Start Screen
2. While in Mail, swipe from right to left to reveal Charms Bar and click Settings
3. While in Settings, choose Accounts
4. Any accounts that are added will be listed here. Click on Add an Account
5. Select Exchange from the list of services
6. You will be prompted to enter your STAFF email address and password. After entering your credentials, click Show more details. NOTE: Enter your own credentials as the one used in this example are for illustration purposes only
7. The Input window will expand. Enter the following details: NOTE: Enter your own STAFF ID credentails as the one used in this example are for illustration purposes only
8. NOTE: You may be prompted to Enforce Security Policies on your Windows 8 device before Staff Email content can be accessed via your device. If you get prompted, click Enforce... Additional, you will be prompted to set up a password or a passcode combination, should your device not have one already. Password protected device is mandatory in order for mail and calendar content to be downloaded.
9. If correct settings and user credentials have been used, your account should appear on the left side of the screen under name Work or Derby.
10. To change advanced settings such as Inbox Name or Content to sync, navigate the settings options in Mail by swiping from right to left to reveal the Charms Bar -> Settings > Mail Account and selecting the account you added recently.
11. You have successfully added STAFF Email Account to your Windows 8/8.1 Mail App
IT Services - University of Derby
Tel: 01332 591234 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org