I'd like to set up a meeting with other students, how can I do this?
Your Unimail calendar can be used to organise your time at the University, whether social or work-related. You might want to arrange a meeting for a project group you're a member of, for instance.
To set up a meeting, use the following instructions:
- Click "Calendar" at the bottom left of the Unimail window. This will show today's date. If you wish to set up the meeting, first choose the date of the meeting from the Calendar at the top-left of the window, then choose the time for the meeting by either double clicking the appropriate time in the day view, or by clicking the "New" button near the top of the window.
- From the new appointment window, give the meeting a name by typing it into the "Subject:" field.
- Give the meeting a location by typing it into the "Location:" field.
- You can now change the start and end times for the meeting by selecting the appropriate times next to "Start time:" and "End time:".
- To invite others to your meeting, click the "Invite Attendees" button at the top of the window.
- You can now enter the email addresses of the people you would like to come to the meeting. Either type in their full email addresses or, if they are in your Contacts list click the word "To..." and click "Contacts" from the new window to show your list of Contacts. Click the names of the people whom you would like to invite and click the "To" button to add them to the "Meeting recipients" list. Click OK.
- You can view the availability of those attendees with Unimail addresses. To do this, click the "Scheduling Assistant" tab near the top of the new appointment window. Times when people are unavailable (busy) are shown in blue, with free times shown in white. Although those without Unimail accounts can be invited to meetings, their times are shown as having "No Information" in the Scheduling Assistant.
- Finally, click the "Send" button to send your meeting request to the invited recipients.