This guide will take you through clearing your browser's cache and cookies on a desktop PC or Mac. To jump to your browser please use the links below:
Internet Explorer Note: please avoid using IE - modern websites may not work properly in this browser.
For assistance with other browsers, please see the developers website for details.
To clear Chrome history on a mobile device, please see this guide.
- Open up Google Chrome and in the top-right corner of the browser click on the button, and then choose History > History from the menu
- A new tab will open with all your browsing history. At the top of this page, click the Clear browsing data button
- On the Clear browsing data pop-up window, ensure the following options are set:
> Time range is set to All time
> Cookies and other site and plug-in data
> Cached images and files
- Press the Clear data button and wait for Chrome to delete the requested data.
- Once deleted, close the History tab and return to the intended tab and then refresh the web page by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard.
1. Press the Settings button in the top right;
2. Click History;
3. Click Clear Browsing Data;
4. Ensure that All Time is selected in the Time range menu;
5. Click on Clear now.
1. Press the Settings button;
2. Click the History button;
3. Click the Clear History link;
4. Choose the optional settings and click Clear;
- Open up FireFox and in the top-right corner of the browser click on the button,
- Select thetab at the top of the window
- Under History, click on the link entitled clear your recent history
- Change the Time range to clear option to Everything
- If the Details window is collapsed, click the button to show the options. Ensure the following are checked:
The other options can be left unchecked
- Click the button and wait for FireFox to clear the requested data.
- Close all dialog boxes and go back to the web page you wish to view.
- Refresh the page by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard.