Note: Recreating your outlook profile will remove connections to shared mailboxes. These can be reconnected once outlook is working. See this guide that shows how to re-connect shared mailboxes. You will also need to re-enable your signatures (go to File > Options > Mail tab > Signatures).
If Outlook is running close the application.
1. Click start which is depicted by the round Windows icon usually located on the left hand side of your screen;
2. Open Control Panel from your start menu;
3. In the search dialogue box on the right hand side of the screen type 'Mail' and select Mail as highlighted below;
4. Now click the option for Show Profiles;
5. Select the profile in the list, usually this is named 'Outlook', then click Remove;
6. Confirm you are sure you want to delete this profile.
7. Click Apply.
Re-adding an outlook profile
8. Select Add
9. Specify a name for your new outlook profile.
10. The setup wizard should detect your name settings automatically. Click Next
If you see a Windows Security box, please enter your own username followed by @derby.ac.uk, and enter your own password. See this guide for more information.
11. Click Finish
Now your Outlook profile has been created try loading the Outlook application.