NOTE: Please note that auditing takes place and that this is only for use on University Supervised/Managed laptops. Attempting this set up on your personal (unmanaged) computer will lead to the immediate removal of the service for an individual doing so.
- Valid Staff Account
- Your account needs to be activated for VPN, if not already done so, please request the use of VPN by completing this form.
1. Access to the Cisco AnyConnect Application from the list of your installed programs (on all university supplied managed laptops);
2. In the VPN field, enter the following address: https://vpn.derby.ac.uk/UoD-Managed
3. Click Connect;
4. You will be prompted to enter your username and password (this is your University Network ID);
5. Click OK - Client will attempt to establish VPN connection;
6. You should now be connected to the University network via VPN;
7. Once you have completed with accessing the network, you may press Disconnect to return to the use of your own network at home.
Please see this guide that shows how to remote into your university PC after connecting via VPN (if required). Note: this will have had to have been requested with the VPN request.