- BlackBerry device with Internet Connection
- Valid Unimail/Student Account
NOTE I: This guide has been created using BlackBerry Operating system version 10. Settings apply to all platforms regardless OS used, however some features may not be present and user interface differences should be expected.
NOTE II: This guide is for STUDENT ONLY
1. Access BlackBerry System Settings via the Home Screen
2. From the list of options, choose Accounts
3. A list of currently added accounts will be displayed. On the bottom bar, select Add Account.
4. From the list of options, choose Email, Calendars and Contacts.
5. You will be prompted to enter your Student University Email. Enter your your email address in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org and click Next
6. Next, enter your password. But DO NOT click Next just yet. This is the same password you use to access course resources, PeopleSoft, etc.
7. On the bottom of the screen, click on Advanced.
8. You will be prompted to select type of account. From the list, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
9. On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter Description of your mailbox. You may wish to call it anything, but its recommended to use Unimail so that it is easy to identify, should you have multiple mailboxes.
10. Scroll further down to reveal more options, and for Server Address enter the following: outlook.office365.com tap on Next to continue.
11. Lastly, you will be prompted to choose items you wish to sync. By default, everything will be synchronised into your device. Tap Done once you have made your selection.
12. Settings will be verified and saved.
13. To confirm, you may wish to navigate back to accounts and your recently created account Unimail Should be located in the list of accounts.
14. You have successfully added your Unimail Email account to your BlackBerry OS 10 device.
IT Services - University of Derby
Tel: 01332 591234 Email: email@example.com