Adobe Creative Cloud is available for a limited number of Staff to install on home machines for use on personal projects and not university work. On University Managed devices it is available from the Software Center and this can be used for university work.
Requesting Adobe for Home Use
To request access to use the Adobe Creative Cloud suite at home please contact the IT Service Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a justification as to why you would like the Adobe Creative Cloud suite at home.
Adobe apps can be downloaded from the link below and following the instructions.
1. Go to the sign-in page;
2. Enter your university email address (or your username followed by @derby.ac.uk);
3. The site will automatically redirect to a university login page after clicking in the 'password' text box. Sign in by using your staff username and password;
4. Click Login, you will then be directed to your profile overview;
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the Overview page and select View and download my apps;
6. This will take you to the page to download the Adobe apps to your own computer;
7. Select Download next to the relevant app to obtain and install the required software. You may see a message regarding permissions, please select Ok if this is your own computer and you have install rights;
Note: please install Adobe software from the Software Centre on university-managed devices.
8. All apps will be slightly different in the way in which they install, in this example, Adobe Acrobat DC is being installed. After starting the install from the downloaded file, it will ask you to authenticate your account, click Continue to open the authentication page in your internet browser;
9. If you are still logged into your Adobe account the site should automatically authenticate you;
10. Minimise your browser and continue with the install wizard for the application you are installing.