To gain access to a shared mailbox, you must first request access to it by filling out the request form which can be found here.
Note: If you are using the new Office 365 / 2019 version of Outlook, please see this guide.
To add a shared mailbox into you Outlook client, please follow the steps below.
1. Select File > + Add Account;
2. Enter the email address of the mailbox in the 'E-mail Address' field (all other fields are not required);
3. Outlook will search for the mailbox
You will see a login prompt requesting the password for the shared mailbox, please select sign in with another account;
Select your account from the list presented on the next screen.
Please note that you maybe asked to enter your password.
If your account isn't list, please select 'Use another account' and enter your username in the format <username>@derby.ac.uk, enter your password and then OK again on the Add account box.
A summary screen will display when complete;
4. Outlook will then need to be re-started, click OK, then restart Outlook;
5. The mailbox will then show in the mailbox list on the left side.
Outlook online (webmail).
To access a shard mailbox via Outlook online (via Office 365), please follow this guide.