There are several ways in which you can change your password:
You can also press 'ctrl' + 'alt' and 'del' on your keyboard then select the Change Password option in the list. Ensure you log out and back into Windows after using this option.
Note: Do not use the Reset password link on the lock screen as this method will not work.
Access the password reset system here
1. The link above will send you to a Microsoft login page, enter the following details into the email address or phone number text box:
2. Enter your student number followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk
3. The page will redirect to a university login page. Enter your username and current password;
4. Enter your old password, set and confirm your new password (See this guide that shows the password complexity requirements);
5. Click Submit;
6. If you are signed into a university computer, please log out and back into Windows so your new password is fully synchronised.
1. Sign into your Office 365 account using your existing password;
2. Click on your profile on the upper right side, and click My account;
3. Click Manage security & privacy in the Security & privacy section;
4. Select Password;
5. Enter your old password, set and confirm your new password;
6. Click Submit;
7. If you are signed into a staff or student computer, please log out and back into Windows so your new password is fully synchronised.