Working from home: If you change your password while off campus and you are using a university provided laptop and log out, you will need to use your old password to log back in. This does not apply if you are connected via VPN on the laptop as your password will update automatically.
Please click here to access the password reset system (opens in a new tab).
1. Enter your login username followed by @derby.ac.uk;
2. Enter the characters in the picture;
3. Click Next;
4. Ensure that I've forgotten my password is selected and click Next;
5. Choose your preferred communication method so a code can be sent for verification;
6. Retrieve the verification code from either your email, text, or phone call and enter this into the text box on screen;
7. Enter a new password. The complexity requirements are as follows:
The password must contain:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- A number (from 0 to 9)
- At least 8 characters
The password must not contain:
- Your name
- Your username
- A password you have previously used in the system
See this guide that shows more information about password complexity requirements.