There are several ways in which you can change your password:
Via the Staff iD page
The easiest (and most trusted) way to change your password is to log into the Staff iD site and click the Change Password link in the top right of the page.
When logged into a university PC
You can also press 'ctrl' + 'alt' and 'del' on your keyboard then select the Change Password option in the list. Ensure you log out and back into Windows after using this option.
Note: Do not use the Reset password link on the lock screen as this method will not work.
Staff with a University email address, click here
1. The link above will send you to a Microsoft login page (if not already logged in, if you are already logged into the Office 365 system, skip to stop 3), enter the following details into the email address, phone number or Skype text box;
Enter your login username followed by @derby.ac.uk or @blc.ac.uk
2. The page will redirect to a university login page. Enter your username and current password;
3. Enter your old password, set and confirm your new password (See this guide that shows the password complexity requirements);
4. Click Submit;
5. If you are signed into a university computer, please log out and back into Windows so your new password is fully synchronised.
Via Office 365
1. Sign into your Office 365 account using your existing password;
2. Click on your profile on the upper right side, and click My account;
3. Click Manage security & privacy in the Security & privacy section;
4. Select Password;
5. Enter your old password, set and confirm your new password;
6. Click Submit;
7. If you are signed into a staff or student computer, please log out and back into Windows so your new password is fully synchronised.