The following list details the Operating Systems and web browsers that are supported by IT Services for use on managed devices. Operating Systems and Browsers in this list will receive regular security updates and have been certified as trusted for use within the university.
1 Windows 7 is now legacy and will not be available on newly purchased hardware
2 Windows 10 version 1803 is the default deployed. IT Services will also support version 1607 on older Lenovo computers. Firefox is only supported on Staff Windows 10 1803 PCs at the moment.
3 Main stream support for macOS Mojave will come in September 2019
- Support for Windows 7 at the University of Derby will end and all remaining PCs will be upgraded to Windows 10
- Support for macOS High Sierra at the University of Derby will end and all Macs will be upgraded to macOS Mojave
- All staff Macs will be managed and updated as appropriate
- Firefox is now supported on Windows 10 1803 Staff PCs
- Support for macOS Sierra on student devices at the University of Derby ends and all managed student Macs are upgraded to macOS High Sierra.
- Support for Windows 10 version 1607 is retired and version 1803 becomes the default
- Windows 10 version 1803 installed by default on all staff PCs
- Windows 10 version 1607 installed by default on all student and classroom computers
- Flash and Java are no longer supported on Windows 10 devices and will not be deployed by default (except where core business applications require them)
- Windows 7 installed by default on all managed university computers