This room is a student facing printing facility, it has printers that can print specialist materials such as vinyl, ceramics and cloth.
“Machine” refers specifically to a computer and “Device” or "Printer" refers to a printer or similar that is connected to a machine.
Name: Katharine Owen
User ID: 785090
Name: Katie Smith
Role: Technical Advisor, Print
User ID: 784189
Epson F6200 aka Wasatch:
Barry Ingle at Emco
Phone: 02392 637 100
Phone: 01332 855 050
Ask for xpress, we have a relationship with Rob Sisson there.
We have a customer care line listed:
08452 309 060 but I haven’t called it since we have dealt with Rob.
Are The Machines On The Domain?
All machines are managed, there are two macs that are in Jamf and DEP.
- No special hardware requirements
- Software is specific to each machine except in the case where both Mimaki printers require the same software, this is licensed to the machine via dongle in both cases.
- Install account is assumed for install process.
- Roland Versaworks needs allowing through Avecto, if it isn't added it will claim files are corrupt when they are added to the print queue, it seems like it's actually a read failure due to storing files on C:\
- D8CB8A93FDA1 - Connected to Epilog laser cutter.
- 4CCC6A181362 – Connected to Epson F6200
- E04F4327139E – Connected to TX300P-1800
- 4CCC6A180E73 – Connected to Mimaki UJF UV Printer
- 3C18A00DAE4F – Connected to Roland VS-540i
- E04F43222CA5 – Connected to Tajima
Please read the readme files before making any changes. They have the instructions for each machine/device.
Epilog Laser Cutter:
Install instructions are in a PDF from the supplier’s website. These instructions depend on the contents of the Software CD folder.
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\Epilog Helix Laser Cutter
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\Epson F6200 aka Wasatch
Configurations will need to be added once the software is installed.
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\Mimaki TX300P-1800
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\Mimaki UJF-3042HG
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\Roland VS-540i
This printer has some colour swatches that are needed to tell the printer where to cut, these are included in this folder and can be installed separately, and on any PC if needed. They are added to Photoshop/Illustrator etc
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\Tajima Embroidery Machine
This folder also contains backups of ICC profiles which some machines need. This is mainly the two Macs, as they have the Ezio screens.
S:\IT Services\Shared\ORC D\Software\Specialist Labs\Digital Design Hub\ICC Profiler