If you experience a technical issue when uploading to Blackboard (Course Resources), Turnitin, PebblePad or Panopto which may result in submitting the work late, please email your tutor ASAP, if the deadline is approaching and if it's a file (as apposed to a video or a really large file), then attach this to the email you send to your tutor. If they don't respond to you and the deadline has passed, don't worry you have technically successfully submitted the assignment as you have sent the file to your tutor before the deadline.
If the deadline is approaching but you have a bit of time to troubleshoot, then please follow the steps below.
Blackboard & Turnitin:
You will first need to confirm that the deadline for the assignment hasn't passed, the deadline can be found within the submission point. Please open the submission to check the deadline as opposed to just checking the deadline outlined by the tutor on the notes on the submission point as this may not reflect the actual due date. If the deadline has passed or is incorrect you will need to contact your tutor for further assistance as they manage the submission point.
If you haven't heard back from your tutor and the deadline is approaching, email the file to them. Even if they don't respond, you have technically submitted the file successfully by emailing your tutor before the deadline.
If the deadline hasn't passed on the submission point and you are still unable to submit your assignment, you will need to try to use a different browser. If you are using Internet Explorer or Safari, please use Google Chrome. (To install Google Chrome, please see this GUIDE). If you are using Google Chrome, try using a private window, here is a GUIDE. If you are still struggling, please ensure you call the IT Service Centre on 01332591234 (available 24 hours a day) or contact us via our chat service below for immediate assistance.
If you have submitted your assignment and can't resubmit it, please look for the upload button on the right hand side (button with the arrow facing up), if it's greyed out, then email the file to your tutor as they haven't set the submission point to allow resubmissions.
If it's not greyed out, you will need to try using another browser or a private window as discussed above.
A pop up may appear warning you that you will overwrite your current submission. Please accept the warning in order to resubmit your assignment.
If you have tried to use another browser as discussed above, and have confirmed that the deadline hasn't passed, please ensure you call the IT Service Centre on 01332591234 (available 24 hours a day) or contact us via our chat service below for immediate assistance.
If you are unable to call us or contact us on our chat service, please raise a ticket by visiting https://itservicecentre.derby.ac.uk
In your communication, please include:
- Your student ID.
- Where you were trying to submit your assignment (on campus, off campus, your work place).
- The Network (WiFi) status (Was it intermittent?).
- What browser you were using. The version. Please see this link.
- If you have cleared the browser's data. Please see this guide.
- If you've tried a different browser (Which browser, version?).
- The module code.
- The name of the submission point.
- When you attempted to submit your assignment. Provide date and time.
- The file type of the submission.
- The file size of the submission.
If you have a question specific to the assignment, please contact your tutor for guidance.
- In order for you to record a video using Panopto, you will need to install it on your PC/Laptop. Please see this guide to download and record using Panopto.
- If you have a query about submitting work in PebblePad, please contact your tutor. There are some guides available to assist you.
Any Additional Queries?
You will need to contact your College Student Centre. Their email addresses are:
- College if Arts, Humanities and Education: AHE@derby.ac.uk
- College of Business, Law and Social Sciences: BLSS@derby.ac.uk
- Student Centre Buxton: Studentcentrebuxton@derby.ac.uk
- College of Science and Engineering: email@example.com
- College of Health, Psychology and Social Care: HPSC@derby.ac.uk
- Joint Honours: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your communication, please include all of the following:
- Student ID
- Programme name, Module Code and Title
- Name of the submission point you are submitting to (Turnitin, Blackboard, PebblePad, Panopto etc.)
- Module tutor name.
A submission by email will generate an auto reply with a date stamp, which can be used to evidence technical problems if the deadline is missed. Your College will ensure the work is sent to the appropriate tutor.