Issue when Submitting to Turnitin or any other Submission Point
If you experience a technical issue when uploading to Course Resources, Turnitin, PebblePad or Panopto which may result in a late submitting the work as a result, Please try the following:
Course Resources & Turnitin:
- You will first need to confirm that the deadline for the assignment hasn't passed (the deadline can be found within the submission point). If it has, you will need to contact your tutor for further assistance. If you are unable to get in touch with your tutor, please see below.
- If the deadline hasn't passed and you are still unable to submit your assignment, you will need to try to use a different browser. If you are using Internet explorer or Safari, please use google chrome. (To install google chrome, please click see this guide).
- If you have submitted your assignment and can't resubmit it, you will need to try using another browser as discussed above.
A pop up may appear warning you that you will overwrite your current submission. Please accept the warning in order to resubmit your assignment.
If you have tried to use another browser as discussed above, and have confirmed that the deadline hasn't passed, please contact the IT Service Centre on email@example.com and cc your college student centre (email addresses below)
In your communication, please include:
- Your student ID.
- Where you were trying to submit your assignment (on campus, off campus, your work place).
- The Network (WiFi) status (Was it intermittent?).
- What browser you were using. The version. Please see this link.
- If you have cleared the browser's data. Please see this guide.
- If you've tried a different browser (Which browser, version?).
- The module code.
- The name of the submission point.
- When you attempted to submit your assignment. Provide date and time.
- The file type of the submission.
- The file size of the submission.
- A copy of the submission (this will be for evidence purposes).
If you have a question specific to the assignment, please contact your tutor for guidance.
Panopto & PebblePad
- In order for you to record a video using Panopto, you will need to install it on your PC/Laptop. Please see this guide to download and record using Panopto.
- Please see these guides to use PebblePad.
- If you require further assistance with Panopto and PebblePad, please contact the CELT team (phone: 01332591865, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any Additional Queries?
You will need to contact your College Student Centre. Their email addresses are:
- College if Arts, Humanities and Education: AHE@derby.ac.uk
- College of Business, Law and Social Sciences: BLSS@derby.ac.uk
- Student Centre Buxton: Studentcentrebuxton@derby.ac.uk
- College of Life and Natural Sciences: CLANS@derby.ac.uk
- College of Engineering and Technology: EandT@derby.ac.uk
- College of Health and Social Care: HSC@derby.ac.uk
- Joint Honours: email@example.com
In your communication, please include all of the following:
- Student ID
- Programme name, Module Code and Title
- Name of the submission point you are submitting to (Turnitin, Blackboard, PebblePad, Panopto etc.)
- Module tutor name.
A submission by email will generate an auto reply with a date stamp, which can be used to evidence technical problems if the deadline is missed. Your College will ensure the work is sent to the appropriate tutor.