Virtual Private Network or VPN for short is a networking technology allowing seamless connectivity between your personal computer at home and University Network. This will allow you to access network drives and log into your work computer from home via Remote Desktop Connection.
- Valid Staff Account
- Your account must be added to the relevant VPN Group through IT Service Desk/ORC before proceeding
- Visit the following link via your browser https://vpn.derby.ac.uk/UoD-Personal
- Log in using your traditional staff account credentials
NOTE: If you experience any error messages or unable to log in, record any notes and forward them onto IT Service Centre via the following link https://itservicecentre.derby.ac.uk/ or by calling the following number: 01332 591234
- You will be presented with the following message. Click Instructions and follow the steps.
NOTE: Please ensure that you enter https://vpn.derby.ac.uk/UoD-Personal when you do Step 9 in the Instructions.
4. Click Connect to initiate connection. You will be prompted to enter your credentials.
NOTE: This is the same username and password used in previous instructions
5. If you followed all instructions carefully, you should be now set up with VPN access.
You can now use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a university PC.
See KB Article: Using Remote Desktop Connection via VPN.