Occasionally an error can occur when signing into UDo where the screen appears as white with no tiles as shown below. Additionally, an error in blackboard can also happen where an error appears stating "Error While Loading Element" In both cases the issue is most likely caused by an error in the cache data stored by the browser. This happens not commonly in Chrome and Safari but can also occasionally cause an issue in Microsoft's Edge.
If the issue occurs when using Chrome the best solution is to navigate site settings for udo.derby.ac.uk. And clear the data. To do this follow these steps:
- Firstly, select the small "padlock" icon next to the URL as show in the picture below.
- From there a drop down menu will appear, at the bottom there is a button called "Site settings" next to a gear icon, click this.
- When selected, a new tab will appear labelled "Settings" From here you will see a menu for all options related to udo.derby.ac.uk and you will see the website name labelled at the top as show in the image below. Beneath the "Usage" heading there will be information such as the size of the data stored and the amount of cookies the website uses. Next to this is the "Clear data" button, select this.
- this will open a pop-up where you can click "Clear"
- After this you should restart the browser and sign in with the correct details. Chrome will offer to automatically enter your username and password when you start entering your details in. It is advised that you enter them in yourself in case your saved password is incorrect. If that was the case, it will ask if you want to update your password.
- Open the browser and select "Safari" next to the apple logo in the top left hand corner. As shown in the image below.
- Select the tab at the top labelled "Privacy" as show below.
- From here you have two choices, you can delete all all data, by selecting"Remove All Website Data" or you can specifically select what site you wish to delete data on by selecting the "Details..." button below.
- From here you can scroll through the different websites that have stored data, or search for uod.derby.ac.uk in search box near the right hand corner. Select UDo so that it is highlighted in blue and click "Remove". This will delete all saved data for the site and allow you to go back to the website and sign back in.
- If there is still an issue then Apple Keychain may be auto entering the wrong password that may cause this error.