If you have taken a PC or laptop home and have VPN access, it is possible that the network file locations such as the U: & S: drives are missing from file explorer. It is possible to access them from files.derby.ac.uk where you can view, download and upload all the files in these locations. However, if you prefer to access them the traditional way then please follow this guide to add your U: drive back to "This PC".
It is important to note that this can only be done if you have VPN access. If you have this then please follow these steps:
1. Open File explorer and click on file path bar at the top.
2. Paste in the path: "\\university.ds.derby.ac.uk\dfs\staff\home\" and press enter.
3. Here you will find a file path with your staff number. Click on it to open your U: Drive
4. Once open, the path at the top will be the complete path for your U: drive. Highlight the path and copy it.
5. Navigate to "This PC" using file explorer and scroll down to "Network Locations"
6. Right click on the black white area below "Network and locations" and select "Add a new network location"
7. on the new window click "Next" then select "Choose a custom network location" and click "Next" again
8. Paste the copied file path from step 4 in the text box and click "Next" again.
9. Pick a name for the folder i.e. *Staff number* U: and select "Next"
10. Click done and you will find that your file path is added back onto your networks files.