Note: This guide applies to staff who have an personal or managed MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac device. Grammarly for macOS is not available for Microsoft Outlook.
Grammarly will work on macOS devices where the version of Microsoft Word is 2016 or later.
You can check the version by opening Microsoft Word, move your cursor to the top of the screen and Click -> Word -> About Microsoft Word. This will reveal the version installed.
To check for updates Click -> Help -> Check for Updates. This will enable you to install the latest version if one is available.
- Word 2016: Version 16.16.27 or later
- Word 365: Version 16.27 or later
1. Open Microsoft Word then Click -> Insert -> Add-Ins -> My Add-ins.
2. When the Office Add-ins window has appeared, Click -> ADMIN MANAGED -> Grammarly -> Add.
3. You will then receive a notification to say the add-in has been added, Click -> Got it -> Grammarly.
4. You will then be able to open Grammarly by clicking on the icon.