Note: This guide applies to students who have an personal Windows 10 laptop or desktop computer.
Please use Google Chrome to install this add-in. If you don't have the Google Chrome browser on your device, visit Google support pages to download Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and go to the Grammarly website to download the add-in https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin then Click -> 'Get It for Windows It's Free'.
2. Once downloaded at the bottom next to the file name, Click -> 'Options' Button -> Open.
3. Once the file has opened, Click -> Run.
4. Once the installer has opened, Click -> 'Get Started'.
5. Select which Microsoft Application you would like the Grammarly add-in installed to.
Click -> Tick Box (Microsoft Word)
Click -> Tick Box (Microsoft Outlook)
When you are happy with your choices, Click -> Install and wait for it to finish.
Whilst it is installing, you will receive a progress bar and how close it is to finishing.
6. Once Grammarly has finished installing you will then receive a message on the installer notifying you to restart any running Word or Outlook applications.
Click -> OK -> FINISH
Then go ahead and save any work and close and re-open Word and Outlook if they were open.
7. Open Microsoft Word and click -> Home and find the Grammarly add-in and click -> Open Grammarly.
8. Open Microsoft Outlook and click -> Home and find the Grammarly add-in and click -> Reply with Grammarly.