Blackboard App (v6.2) and Blackboard Instructor App (v4.2) Crash or Course does not Open when Accessing Certain Courses on Android
Date Published: Mar 31,2021
Category: Product:Blackboard Instructor,Blackboard App; Version:9.1,SaaS
Article No.: 000075404
Service Pack(s): 9.1, SaaS
Steps to Replicate:
- In Blackboard app v6.2 or Blackboard Instructor app v4.2 on an Android device, attempt to open a course.
Some courses will not open and users will be returned to the Courses list. Other users may experience an app crash.
All courses are accessible in the apps.
Resolution/Workaround: This issue was resolved with Android hot-fix app updates for the Blackboard app (v6.2.1) and the Blackboard Instructor app (v4.2.1), which were released on March 31, 2021.
In the Blackboard App, Students Cannot Access Attempts and Feedback for Graded Assignments, Discussions, and Tests that are Unavailable or Hidden
Date Published: Apr 06,2021
Category: Product:Blackboard App; Version:Learn 9.1, 3900.0.0,Learn 9.1 Q4 2019 (3800.0.0),Learn 9.1, 3900.2.0,Learn 9.1, 3900.4.0,Learn 9.1, 3900.8.0,Learn 9.1, 3900.6.0,Learn 9.1, 3900.10.0,SaaS
Article No.: 000062744
Service Pack(s): Learn 9.1, 3900.0.0, Learn 9.1 Q4 2019 (3800.0.0), Learn 9.1, 3900.2.0, Learn 9.1, 3900.4.0, Learn 9.1, 3900.8.0, Learn 9.1, 3900.6.0, Learn 9.1, 3900.10.0, SaaS
Description: Once assignments, graded discussions, and tests are made unavailable, students using the Blackboard app can view their grade for each item, however they cannot view their attempt or feedback from the instructor.
Steps to Replicate:
- As an instructor in web Learn in both an Original course and Ultra course, create an Assignment, a graded Discussion Forum, and a Test.
- As a student in the Blackboard app or web Learn, complete each item.
- As the instructor, grade each item and provide written feedback.
- As the student, log in to the Blackboard app and view Grades. Note that the student can see their grades for each item, tap on each item, and view their attempts and written feedback from the instructor.
- As the instructor, make each item unavailable or hidden explicitly or by date restriction.
- As the student, log back in to the Blackboard app and view Grades.
Original course: For the Assignment and Discussion, the student can view their grade, but can no longer tap on each item and hence cannot access their attempt or written feedback from the instructor. The Test is no longer listed on the Grades page for the course, though the points awarded for the Test still count toward the student's total grade. The Discussion item can still be tapped if only the Forum link in the content area is made unavailable. If the Forum itself is made unavailable, then the grade for the Forum cannot be tapped. When accessing My Grades from a web browser, the student can view their grade, attempt, and written feedback from the instructor for all graded items.
Ultra course: The Assignment, Discussion, and Test are no longer listed on the Grades page. This behavior matches the current functionality when accessing an Ultra course from a web browser.
Resolution/Workaround: To prevent this issue, instructors can keep Assignments, graded Discussions, and Tests continuously available to students.
Target Release: Future Reference
Blackboard App crashing in iOS
Date Published: 10.05.2021
Blackboard : We have recently discovered an issue involving the mobile app crashing on iOS. The app will crash when a Facebook post which contains a video is included in the Stream or in Top Stories. A fix is in place and will be released no later than 5/24. If it can be released sooner, we will update this bulletin.
Resolution/Workaround: If you encounter this issue, below are a several options to resolve this until a fix is released:
1. Hide entries that include video. Depending on the number of Facebook feeds you have, this might be the easiest.
To do this go to Settings > App Config > org > Feeds > Facebook > view the Entries > click an entry with video > check the ‘Hidden’ box at the bottom.
2. Disable Facebook feeds from appearing in the app. Once this issue has been fixed, the following can be enabled again.
To do this, go to Settings > App Config > org > Feeds > Facebook > uncheck the boxes to:
• Include in Media
• Images From Links
• Top Story Feed
Set the dropdown to ‘None’
3. Remove the feeds entirely.
Article Number: 000075522