This guide is to be used when recording messages used for Cisco Unified CCX scripting.
1. Launch Audacity through AppsAnywhere. (https://appsanywhere.derby.ac.uk/)
2. For audio recordings to work with our telephony system, the files need to be in a certain format. Use the settings highlighted below. Recording channel - Mono, Project Rate - 8000Hz
3. Use the record, stop and play buttons at the top to record and playback your message.
4. When you are satisfied with your message, navigate to File > Export > Export as WAV.
5. Please ensure that the encoding option is set to U-law
6. Save the file to somewhere you can easily access it in order to email it to the agent dealing with your telephony changes.
7. (Optional) Use the Save Project option to save the audacity file in order to come back to it later.