If a PowerPoint show will not start on a Windows 10 AV PC, follow the steps below.
1. Open Task Manager;
2. Stop the POWERPNT.EXE process,
3. Start Power Point.
On Windows 10 PCs if Panopto is open and you click on Powerpoint file, Powerpoint fails to open.
The solution is to open up Powerpoint through Panopto in this sequence:
- load panopto
- click on the panopto tab in the secondary recording area
- open the poweropoint using the open powerpoint button on that tab (see screen shot below)
- find the powerpoint in the file browser and open it
- when ready to start recording, click yes on the start recording now dialogue that appears in panopto (this will open powerpoint in presenter mode and start panopto recording).