This is a guide to unlocking your account. You can unlock your account by using a University device or the password reset system online.
If you see a message reporting that your account has been locked, follow the steps below that shows how you can unlock it.
Your account can lock if you have just changed your password and have not logged out and back in to Windows; if you have entered an incorrect password too many times; if you are not signed into your office account; there is an old password in your internet browser history.
To unlock your account, follow the steps below.
Note: You will need to use a mobile device or your own computer to unlock your account. Please see this guide that shows how to install the link on your mobile device.
To use the Self Service Password Reset System (SSPR) system to unlock your account, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to passwordreset.derby.ac.uk
2. Enter your username in the following formats:
Students - Enter your student number followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk
Staff - Enter your login username followed by @derby.ac.uk or @blc.ac.uk
3. Enter the characters in the picture;
4. Click Next;
5. Select the checkbox that states I know my password but still can't sign in and click Next;
6. Choose your preferred communication method so a code can be sent for identity verification;
7. Retrieve the verification code from either your email, text, or phone call and enter this into the text box on screen;
8. Your account is now unlocked.