Use these instructions to register an Android personally-owned device. By registering your device in mobile management you will be able to access your university email on it and be confident that you're helping meet our data protection obligations.
What settings will be applied when I register my device?
Notes and Assumptions:
- Your device is running the latest version of Android
- The mobile device already has access to the internet either via wireless or mobile data connections. If you do not have internet access already please connect to a data source or contact the IT Service Centre for assistance.
- You have a Google Play Store account and can download / install apps on the device
This guide covers the following steps that will get your device registered for access to university email:
Install Microsoft apps
In order to register your device with us and access email you will need to install two apps from the AppStore - these apps are free
- From the Home Screen, tap Play Store
- Search for Microsoft Authenticator
- Tap Install
- If you're prompted to sign in to the Play Store enter your Google ID and password
Repeat steps 2 to 4 to also install Microsoft Outlook and then Microsoft Company Portal
Add your Email Account
- From your Home Screen, open the Outlook app
- Tap Get Started
- At the Add Account screen enter your university Email Address and tap Continue
- Enter your password and tap Sign in
- When prompted tap Register to finalise registration of your device
- If you'd like to add another account you may do, or otherwise tap Skip
- Your email will now be available