Browser Support for Collaborate ULTRA Experience (15 May 2020):
As of July 1, 2020 Collaborate will support these browser versions:
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium) 80+
- Google Chrome 79+
All older versions of these browsers will no longer be supported. For more details on supported browsers, go to the Browser Support page on help.
If you are running an unsupported version of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, please update your browser to the latest version.
If there are issues starting a Blackboard Collaborate session then:
1. Check the system requirements for Blackboard Collaborate
2. Try the Configuration Room
This creates a sample session with Blackboard Collaborate server in Europe. If the session starts then everything is setup ok.
3. If the Configuration Room does not start then it will give a link to the Launcher file (a .collab file). Look on the page for this text:
4. There are some general how-to and training resources for Collaborate on this page:
There are four core features of the Collaborate platform that help ensure a secure virtual classroom experience:
- Restrict participant permissions – This feature enables instructors to ensure that only session moderators can control the whiteboard, video/audio, and chat
- Secure authentication – This ensures students are able to access only those virtual classrooms assigned for their course (this requires integration with an LMS).
- Unique session links – This enables instructors to send a secure, unique link to session participants (LMS not required).
- Restrict access – This enables instructors to restrict the list of those who can enter their virtual classroom, by disabling access by unauthenticated users.
There are additional instructions on securing Collaborate