This guide will go through the procedure for installing Office 365 software (Outlook, OneDrive, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and more) on your personal computer running Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC with Internet Connection
- Valid University of Derby Student Account
1. Sign in to UDO and click the Microsoft 365 tile; alternatively, access the Office portal directly by going to office.com
2. Sign in to Office 365 Portal by using your student number followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk;
3. Once signed in, click the Install Office apps drop-down menu and select Office 365 Apps:
4. You will be prompted to download or run the installer, click Run (if you have downloaded the file, run it from the location you have stored it to);
5. Once the download has completed, an installer will initiate automatically and start installing Microsoft Office 365 Apps;
6. Shortly, you will see a new window indicating that the installer is getting ready and preparing the files for installation;
7. Once the installation has finished; you will be prompted to agree to terms and conditions and start using the Office 365 Apps.
8. You may need to login to the Office App such as Word at launch for the first time in order to activate the software. It is also recommended to login as it allows you to save your work directly to your OneDrive and allowing you to keep your files stored in the cloud, securely.
9. Enter your password;
10. Once signed in, you will be prompted to remember your details and optionally allow University to Manage Your device. When prompted, DO NOT Click "YES", but instead untick the box "Allow my organisation to manage my device". and click on "This app only" to continue as shown below:
11. You have successfully installed Microsoft Office on your computer.
12. You may wish to return back to your Office 365 Software status page to check your current installations and remove any unused activations to empty a slot for new installation: