To forward all emails from your student email account (Unimail) to another email address, please follow the steps below.
Log into UDo, then click the Office 365 tile;
1. Click the gear icon in the top right and select View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the page;
2. Under the Settings list on the left, click on the Email option and select Rules;
3. Give the rule a name of your choice;
4. In the Rules section, set the following settings:
Add a condition
○ Apply to all messages
Add an action
○ [Forward to] Enter the email address of where you would like your unimail emails to be forwarded to.
5. Click Save.
Please test this new rule
Send a test email to your Unimail address from another mailbox (not the mailbox you are forwarding to - as this will not work), to confirm that the rule forwards the email to your external account.
If you don't have access to another email account you could ask a friend, relative or fellow student to send a test email to your unimail account, or you can setup aliases on a Google mail account (see here), or from an Outlook account - see here.
Note that your Unimail Inbox should still have a copy of the forwarded email.
To remove the forwarding
1. Go to the gear icon in the top right;
2. Select View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the page;
3. Under the Settings list on the left, click on the Email option and select Rules;
4. Select the rule and click the 'rubbish bin' (delete) icon next to the rule.
IT Services cannot guarantee the delivery of all messages forwarded on to another mailbox. Also, we cannot guarantee delivery of messages sent from your personal email account to the University. For this reason, it is recommended that you use your Unimail account to email your tutors.