When using a personal Mac you may see the error message "Your account firstname.lastname@example.org doesn't allow editing on a Mac. To learn more, contact your admin about your Office plan." To solve this issue you need to:
Ensure you have logged out of your university account in Word.
1. Open Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access.
2. Remove the following application passwords.
- Microsoft office identities cache 2
- Microsoft office identities settings 2
- Any entries that contain 'Microsoft' and/or 'Office'
- Search for all occurrences of 'adal' in the keychain and, if present, remove all the entries.
3. Restart Mac.