Use these instructions to set up a current Apple iOS university-owned device. By enrolling the device in mobile management you can benefit from the advantages management brings and be confident that IT Services can support and assist you in your use of the device on and off site.
- The device being enrolled has been used by you already and just needs adding to management
- The mobile device already has access to the internet either via wireless or mobile data connections. If you do not have internet access already please connect to a data source or contact the IT Service Centre for assistance.
This guide covers the following steps that will get your device enrolled in our management system:
Install and Open the Company Portal App
In order to enroll your phone you'll need to have the Microsoft Company Portal app installed.
- Open the AppStore
- Search for Company Portal
- Tap Get to begin the download, or the cloud icon if you've previously installed Company Portal in the past
- If prompted, sign in or follow the wizard to create an Apple ID for access to the AppStore
it is recommended that you use your University of Derby email address rather than a personal Apple ID
- Upon completion tap Open or select Comp Portal from the home screen to open the app
Sign In to Company Portal
If you are prompted to sign in to Company Portal follow these steps. If not, continue onto the next section.
- In the username / email field enter your University of Derby staff username followed by @derby.ac.uk
- Tap Next
- Enter your password and tap Sign In
- If you're prompted to complete the setup for Multifactor authentication follow the wizard to enable this.
Enroll the Device
- Tap Begin in the top right of Company Portal to begin the enrollment process
- Tap Continue in the top right of Company Portal
- Tap Next in the top right of Company Portal
- If you're prompted to Identify your device click here for instructions on this
- Your device will now begin downloading the management settings
- If prompted, tap Allow to open the settings app
- Tap Install to allow installation to continue
- If you have a pin number on your phone you'll be prompted to enter this now
- Tap Install again to confirm
- Tap Install one final time
- Tap Trust to indicate you trust management from our system
- Upon completion tap Done
- If prompted, tap Open to return to the Company Portal app
- Company Portal should now indicate you are now managed, tap Done to close the management wizard
- You can now close the Company Portal app and use your mobile device as normal
- Once you've enrolled your device you might be prompted to allow i.manage.microsoft.com to manage some previously installed apps (such as Company Portal). Tap Manage to allow this.