Use these instructions to register an iOS personally-owned device. By registering your device in mobile management you will be able to access your university email on it and be confident that you're helping meet our data protection obligations.
- Your device is running the latest version of iOS
- The mobile device already has access to the internet either via wireless or mobile data connections. If you do not have internet access already please connect to a data source or contact the IT Service Centre for assistance.
- You have an Apple AppStore account and can download / install apps on the device
This guide covers the following steps that will get your device registered for access to university email:
- Install Microsoft Authenticator and Microsoft Outlook apps
- Add your email account and register your device
Install Microsoft Authenticator and Microsoft Outlook apps
In order to register your device with us and access email you will need to install two apps from the AppStore - these apps are free
- From the Home Screen, tap AppStore
- Search for Microsoft Authenticator
- Tap Get or Install
- If you're prompted to sign in to the AppStore enter your AppleID and password
Repeat steps 2 to 4 to also install Microsoft Outlook
Add your Email Account
- From your Home Screen, open the Outlook app
- Tap Get Started
- Choose if you'd like to enable notifications or not
- At the Add Account screen enter your university Email Address and tap Add Account. Ensure you enter your username followed by '@derby.ac.uk' into the email address field.
- Enter your password and tap Sign in
- When prompted tap Register to finalise registration of your device
- Upon confirmation of your device registration, tap OK to close Outlook
- Your email will now be available