- iOS/iPadOS device with Internet Connection
- Valid Unimail/Student Account
- Outlook for iOS and Microsoft Authenticator
1. Access the App Store to download and install Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Authenticator.
Microsoft Outlook will be used to get your emails, and Microsoft Authenticator will be used for Multi-factor Authentication, Password-less login and act as a provider of your Unimail credentials to other Microsoft 365 Apps on your device; such as Teams or OneDrive.
2. Open Outlook
Once Outlook has finished downloading and installing, an app icon for Outlook should automatically appear on your iPhone/iPad home screen. Tap on the icon to get started:
3. Click on Add Account...
Enter your student number issued during the enrolment followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk. Then tap on Add Account...
4. Authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator
In order to allow you to authenticate to your University Email and other Microsoft 365 services securely, you will need to have downloaded and installed Microsoft Authenticator. You will be automatically prompted to authenticate via MS Authenticator, if the app is not present on the device, you will be asked to downloaded it. Tap on Open Authenticator to get started....
5. Enter your Student account password and tap on Sign in:
6. Optional; Add Another Account
After you have successfully authenticated, you will be offered to add additional accounts. This step is optional and can be done at a later time. For now, tap on Maybe Later to continue....
7. Enable Email Notifications
After successful authentication, you will be prompted to allow App notifications. In order to be notified of any new incoming emails, it is recommended to allow Outlook to receive notifications. We recommend that you allow this setting so that you never miss any important emails:
9. And you are done, tap on your Profile Photo to reveal your mailbox folders, settings and more;
IT Service Centre - University of Derby
Tel: 01332 591234 Or Live Chat and Web form to raise tickets - itservicecentre.derby.ac.uk