Please access the password reset system (link opens in a new tab).
1. Enter your student number followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk
2. Enter the characters in the picture
3. Click Next
4. Ensure that I've forgotten my password is selected and click Next
5. Choose your preferred communication method so a code can be sent for verification
6. Retrieve the verification code from either your Authenticator app, text, or phone call and enter this into the text box on screen
7. Enter a new password, 12 characters or longer, preferably three random words, with capitals and numbers to make complex.
To learn more about what you need to include in your password to make it strong and secure, please visit this guide: Password complexity requirements.
Multi-Factor Security (MFA):
Please see following link to set up a backup security method on your account EG: authenticator app or text codes on a secondary device. This will help you to retain access to your account in the event you are travelling overseas, changing your device, lost or damage device: https://itservicecentre.derby.ac.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360021027839-Manage-Your-Security-Details-for-Multi-Factor-Authentication-MFA-Student-Guide-
NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE the authenticator app or change your device with out having a back up option set - this will break access to your account.