Hello applicants, welcome to the University of Derby.
When it's time to set up your account with the University/College, you'll receive an email as shown below. The email will be sent from email@example.com subject named "It's time to set up your University of Derby password". If you can't find it in your inbox, please check your junk/SPAM folder. It will look like the screenshot provided below.
Please read the information provided in the email and click on the start button to open the Password Creation Centre screens.
Before you start, we would advise you to use a laptop or a PC as you may need to switch browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari) or use a private window. This is because, if your personal email address is a Microsoft account the browser may sign you in to that account rather than your University account.
Please see this guide to open a private window when using a laptop/PC:
If you still prefer to use your phone. Below are guides to delete the website data stored on the browser.
Creating your password
1. Please read the information on the page below and click on the start button.
2. Once you have clicked on the start button, you will navigate to the page below which requires you to verify your DOB. Please ensure that you use the date picker, please choose the year first, then the relevant month and day. Date should be in dd/mm/yyyy format. Once you have verified your date of birth, you can navigate to continue by clicking on the continue button.
3. Next you'll be be asked to create a password. Please read the "Password Requirements" instructions on the right hand side before you create a password. Click on "Set Password" once you have typed in the passwords:
4. Once you have clicked on "Set Password" and have successfully created your password, you will navigate to the page shown below.
Registering for the password management system
During this stage you will add security information to your account. This means that you will never be locked out of your account as you will be able to reset your password and unlock your account using your phone or email account.
If you've never studied with us at the University or through any of our Partnerships Colleges, you'll see that we've added the email you applied with in to the email verification step. You can change this at any time, and/or add a phone number.
For further instructions on how to register your details in the system:
When you click on the "Next Stage" button shown on the above screenshot, you will navigate to the page shown below:
1. Please type in your University email address that is shown at the top of the email invitation.
Buxton and Leek students: this will be 3 letters followed by 8 numbers followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk for example AAA00000000@unimail.derby.ac.uk.
University of Derby students: this will be 9 numbers beginning with 100 or 019 followed by @unimail.derby.ac.uk for example firstname.lastname@example.org as shown on the page below.
2. Once you have clicked on the next button, you will then be asked for your password;
3. Once you are signed in, you'll be asked to setup an app on your phone. Other options are available by selecting "I want to set up a different method".
4. You'll be asked to verify the details you provide as described in the "Register your details in the password management system" guide which is shown under the "Register for the Password Management System" section above.
Once you have set your password and have registered your details in the password management system, you can now login to UDO.
To log in to your student portal/UDO (Udo.derby.ac.uk), you'll need to use your Student ID (without @unimail.derby.ac.uk) which is available on the invitation email at the top of this guide as shown in the print screen below.
Tiles will be shown when applicable to you. An example of this is our enrolment tile. Please don't worry if someone you know gets a tile before you.
If you have any questions regarding enrolment or any other questions at this stage, please head to www.derby.ac.uk/welcome to view further information. There is also a contact form if you wish to submit any questions about your next steps or general information.
For more information on the enrolment process, please click here.